Do you have questions about how to enhance your marketing efforts during these uncertain times? We bet you do! Focusing on only the customers who are browsing your products and services right now allows for more effective use of your marketing dollars. It also allows for overall higher conversion rates.
Here’s our latest blog post to show you what we mean.
How to reach consumers in the new normal due to COVID-19
Historically, Marketing’s role has been to reach customers and prospects at the right time with the right message. Over time, that task has become inevitably more challenging due to the changing landscape. We’re experiencing more interruptions and distractions, leaving us with a more fragmented marketplace. Our current challenge is in the form of microscopic pieces of genetic material infecting our otherwise healthy population. The Coronavirus has brought our normal lives to a halt, challenging marketers once again to pivot to find ways to reach current and potential customers.
With much of the workforce spending 8 AM-5 PM doing their respective jobs from home, this is an opportunity to reach people with messages on social media or digital website ads. So, what is the rule of thumb when it comes to marketing through uncharted waters?
the Top 5 things to keep in mind:
- Don’t stop marketing – Past experience has proven the importance of staying relevant and top-of-mind during these times of uncertainty. During the last recession, over 400,000 small businesses did not reopen their doors. Building and maintaining your brand in unique ways maintains trust and credibility among patrons.
- Analyze your customers – Profiling your existing customer database can provide insight into your best customers. This in turn provides ways to find more like them. Partner with data experts to better understand your core audience. Then develop target audiences that are likely to use your products and services.
- Lead with digital channels – Incorporate re-targeting on your website, including social media ads on Facebook and Instagram. Increase your reach with digital display ads through Google’s Display Network. These types of messages generate awareness for those in the awareness stage. For those further down the purchase funnel, they can click through to your website to learn more or make purchases.
- Direct market – Identify anonymous visitors to your website through modern technology like LEADMatch. From this you can send them a direct mail piece to their home address. Follow up with a secondary direct mail piece that incorporates immersive technology. This includes sight, sound, and touch. Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and enhanced AR are good examples (like Pokemon Go).
- Track & measure results – With more and more data available at our fingertips, gaining a clear picture of your campaign results is important. This allows you to calculate ROI and make adjustments where needed.
We know companies are making tough decisions right now in preparation for the future and new normal. Please rest assured our team of experts is standing by to provide information, helping you better navigate these tough marketing decisions.
Learn more about Prisma’s Integrated Digital Marketing Platform, Direct Mail 360.
For more information or to schedule a meeting CONTACT US.