Direct mail campaigns have many moving parts. To begin a campaign, data must be secured and segmented. Then a creative team needs to design a mailer with compelling imagery that speaks to the audience. Too often, marketers spend so much time on these two items they forget about one of the most important elements – The Offer.
The offer is what gets you noticed and makes people act. A creative direct mailer, sent to a good data list, can end in poor campaign results due to a poor or mediocre offer. In order to avoid this from happening on your next campaign, we thought it would be helpful to discuss what makes an offer successful.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD DIRECT MAIL OFFER
A good direct mail offer has some distinct elements. Keep these ideas in mind when crafting the offer for your next direct marketing campaign.
1. Make the offer relevant. Are you offering something of interest to your audience?
2. How valuable is the offer? Offers with greater perceived value increase your chance of response.
3. Is your offer specific? When the audience reads your campaign’s offer, do they know exactly what you are offering? Just as important, will they understand what is expected of them to redeem the offer?
4. Make your offer unique? Is this something your competitors also offer? A unique offer reduces the ‘So What’ factor.
5. Is your offer realistic? If the offer seems too good to be true, even if it is true, no one will act. It’s always best to remain realistic.
6. How easy is the offer to acquire? The easier you make it, the more people will respond.
Think about your last direct mail campaign – How strong was the offer? What were your campaign results?
Let Prisma Graphic help you plan your next direct marketing campaign. Our marketing services professionals can assist you with everything necessary for a successful campaign. Contact Prisma Graphic for a FREE campaign consultation by calling 800 379-5777 or via email at email@example.com.
If you found this article helpful or of value please click the Facebook ‘like’ button. You may also consider joining our Facebook community for more information about commercial printing, direct mail services, web-to-print and marketing supply chain management.
[About us: Prisma Graphic is a full-service, marketing solutions provider with an emphasis in commercial printing that specializes in online marketing supply chain management. Utilizing cutting-edge technology and a commitment to customer service, we partner with clients to develop cost-effective programs that execute integrated brand campaigns and highly-targeted business communications. Our ongoing evolution is to deliver sales opportunities at the lowest possible cost.]